Providing nearly 1,750,000 meals to more than 18,400 SoWashCo Schools students every year with the help of over 140 employees.
Students will be required to use their PIN numbers this school year. See section under Meal Accounts on how to access your student's PIN.
Tip: Make your child's phone or IPad login their lunch pin. This is a quick way to get them to learn prior to the start of the school year. Pin numbers can be found in your Parent Portal account
Beginning September 2022 breakfast and lunch are no longer free. The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) are requiring families to be charged based off eligibility. Families can fill out an Application for Educational Benefits (Free and Reduced-priced Meals) application and if you qualify, your student(s) will be able to eat both breakfast and lunch for free. Please go to the Educational Benefits-Free and Reduced-Price Meals section and click on the Apply Via Schoolcafe red box to start the application process.
Food Shortages and Menu Changes
Due to nationwide shortages of certain food items, SoWashCo Schools menus may not accurately reflect what will be served that day. Schools will continue to offer nutritious meals to students each day. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
- About Educational Benefits - Free and Reduced Price Meals
- Apply for Educational Benefits
- Homeless Families
- Foster Parents
- Sau Daim Ntawv Thov (Hmong)
- Cuntada Dugsi ee Bilaashka ah iyo Kuwa Qimahooda La Dhimay ee (Somali)
- Imprimir Solicitud (Spanish)
- Additional Translated Applications
- Waiver of Confidentiality
negative Meal Charge Policy
General Statement of Policy
- SoWashCo's goal is to provide nutritious meals to students to promote healthy eating habits and enhance learning as well as maintain the financial integrity of the National School Breakfast and Lunch program and eliminate stigmatization of children who are unable to pay meal charges.
- It is the policy of SoWashCo to offer breakfast and lunch meals that meet state and federal guidelines.
- Families may apply for free/reduced-priced meal benefits anytime during the school year. If household income or size change.
- SoWashCo will maintain the dignity of students by prohibiting lunch shaming or other ostracizing the student.
- Send a check or cash to the school to deposit to your child's account; checks can me made out to ISD 833 Nutrition Services. Please add your child's name in the memo section.
- Log into your SchoolCafé account www.schoolcafe.com/sowashco
View the SoWashCo Schools Negative Meal Charge Policy at the link below.
The Wellness Committee works to assure a school environment that promotes and enhances students’ health, wellbeing, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity.
This is done through:
- Increasing awareness of the SoWashCo Schools wellness policy throughout the school district and community.
- Assessing implementation in our schools and working towards continuous improvement.
- Promoting student health and wellbeing in our schools and the community.
The Wellness Committee meets 3-4 times per-year.
- October 10, 2022
- January 23, 2023
- April 3, 2023